On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 08:07:53PM -0700, Theo de Raadt wrote:

> If we added the complete english language, /usr would be full.

> (Already a few people having trouble with multiple upgrades + the
> new kernel/library link kits)

If we had definitions, I might agree with you that it might fill /usr.
The file is 2.4M though, and even if we got super-studious and doubled
its size, we'd be less than 5M.  It's also not like a library where we
keep the old version around.

That said, this isn't a hill to die on. It bothered me how much we (tech
industry in general) will spend so much space on stupid crap but we have
spellcheckers that only carry a subset of words in use.  I bitched about
it online and someone pointed out I could help do something about it.
So, (eventually) I did.

--Kurt