Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

> On 2023/08/13 11:44, Andrew Hewus Fresh wrote:
> > My laptop doesn't have the fastest wifi and sysupgrade already uses a
> > progress bar to show what it's doing, so I'd really like to provide more
> > feedback on what it is doing:
>
> Does a single -v give enough feedback?

As shown below, -vv is ridiculously verbose.

I think -v is also too verbose.  If you are going to do a progress bar,
I think it should be one progress bar.

I am sure there is a machine out there where -vv will do more than 24
lines of output.  If not today, eventually.

So I don't think we want -vv or -v in in sysupgrade or the installer,
unless the output is changed to be less verbose.  The IMPORTANT information
from sysupgrade or the installer... is not this wall of text.