Hi Gordon

Glad to see you posting again.

You asked:

1.  What's the latest version of Microsoft Office and where do we
stand, please, in terms of accessibility with the aforementioned
screen-readers, plus GW Micro's Window-Eyes?

I haven't tested Mocrosoft Office anything with WE, but can say that I've used Outlook 2010, word 2010 and have read one PowerPoint so far using JAWS 13. I have not yet tried out the OCR feature. I guess I haven't needed it. I have not run into any problems.

I have noticed that jAWS crashes IE9 a lot when on web sites using ARIA markup. WE seems to not support ARIA markup very well still at all.

2. Does Freedom Scientific sell online to overseas customers, or is
it one of those dealership rackets still, as it was when I got my
fingers severely burned with them in 2000 when they re-sold my serial
number to another customer and also my SMA, and they flatly refused
to honour it with a different S/N and SMA.

Yes, it's still a delership racket, I am sorry to say.

3.  On the assumption that Freedom Scientific does indeed sell
internationally online, do they operate any kind of monthly "Lease To
Own" programme, similar to that which GW Micro offers?  Currently my
outright budget wouldn't stretch to the £1200 USD which Freedom seem
to be asking for JFW Professional and that doesn't even cover remote
access; shocking.

Unfortunately, FS says " get a loan if you need to." Blah!

Having spent most of the morning playing around with various aspects
of Windows 7 Ultimate Sp1 and Window-Eyes, I'm sorry to have to say
that I'm distinctly unimpressed with GW's latest offering.  Having
become somewhat accustomed to the lack of a "Browse Mode", I find it
irksome to say the least when I have to keep continually pressing
enter on edit boxes etc. before I can insert or modify data, and then
having to re-enable browse mode to find out what a consecutive edit
box's data should be. Pressing tab when outside of browse mode now
yields only "Edit", and not the content descriptor field any longer.

Well, JAWS has had auto forms mode for quite a while now. Whenever it encounters a form element, if auto forms mode is turned on (which it is by default) you won't have to keep reactivating it. I hope you can find that helpful.

Take care,

Mary