On my test network CCR1036-12G-4S running 6.38.1 I am connected with copper
between EPC and router and I do not see any FCS errors between the EPC
connection. However there is a eNB also plugged in to this router that has
occasional FCS errors. I have MTU of 1580 on my test router ports and vlan MTU
of 1576. On my production core same model router running 6.28 connected to EPC
shows a lot of FCS errors. However on this router all MTU is set to default
1500. I am evaluating making the changes to the MTU sizes on my production
network to accommodate the larger size to pass traffic like pppoe and so on. In
all interfaces that have FCS errors it is an RX error indicating there is an
issue on the Telrad side. The only other notable difference is the amount of
traffic between each EPC and the connected PDN. On my test network there is
usually only one laptop connected moving small amounts of data. On my
production network I am moving about 200meg/night at peak hours.

Regards,

Gabriel Pike

Network Engineering

MTCNA