Hello Don, Alexandros, and all,

This is a bit out-of-date topic: combination of note-slur-pause.

Following does not work well on PMX(2.30-)2.402 with and without `Ap'.
Slurs are parsed, horizontal positioning is *OK*, but the vertical
position of end is always {````b}.
----
1 1 4 4 4 4  0 0 0 4 20 0

0
./
Ap
c25d s r4 s /

c24d s r4 s /
----

In these cases, slurs should be level at default.
Don, Would you please fix this?

on Sun, 19 May 2002 15:08:19 +0200 Alexandros Droseltis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Don! It's very nice. But the combination note-slur-pause *does*
> make musical sense, especially in instruments like the harp or
> percussion: it means that the player must not stop the vibration of the
> strings (harp) or the body of the instrument (tubes). Berg uses it in
> the horns too, to indicate that the end of the sound must not be abrupt.

Also, a combination of note-slur-pause is sometimes seen in songs
and tunes for pianoforte.
This says to a singer that the note must be sustained `espressivo'
during the note length.
This is quite different expression from a tenuto but it's hard
to explain in letters.
Anyway a combination of note-slur-pause makes important musical sense.

By the way, not only my package but perhaps also Stanislav's package
has no limit with slur slope.
How about abolishing the slur slope limitter shown below?

-----
 This is PMX, Version 2.402, 13 July 2002
 Opening mx20.pmx

 Starting first PMX pass

 ERROR in line 6, bar 2 Magnitude of slur height adjustment cannot exceed 15
 c25d s r4 s+32 /

-----

Best regards,

----