Chajim Meinhold wrote:
Hello List,

ist there any help installing and using musixtex etc. on Mac OS X?

I already used musixtex several years ago on OS 7 transferring my
files to a Windows-Computer for musixflx-processing. I only have few
small tasks to perform. However there seems to be some new stuff and
I also forgot quite much.

I have successfully installed 'TeX Live' on a Mac OSX laptop. Search
Google for "TeX Live". Among the search hits is a site with instructions for installing and using TeX Live on OSX.

When you have got TeX up and running then just follow WIMA's unix HOWTO instructions on installing the MusiXTeX stuff. There is an OSX musixflx binary for download in WIMA's software section, http://icking-music-archive.org/software/indexmt6.html

Regards
--
Christian Mondrup, Sheet Music Editor
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive