Hello Ross,
Your question about the Pogo strip mentions that Walt Kelly "loved to play with words including spelunking". I once overheard a conversation with a landowner about possible caves on her ranch, and she said "Now what do those people call themselves . . .Spudnuckers?"
Kelly would have liked that one. :-P Logan McNatt