Hello everyone. One day has lead into another with ups and downs, frustrations
and optimism's, successes and defeats. There have also been COVID testings
passed and failed for both his facility and my work in just the last three
weeks, mine being just end of last week into this one! But, as far as we know,
he is negative per second facility testing results just today, and my level of
exposure was not considered direct enough per health department guidelines -
and even CDC guidelines - to even warrant testing.  I questioned this in every
way, especially due to Jim bring discharged into my care, but was told I could
not even get a test to be sure. I also have not had any symptoms. Jim, for
various reasons, was beginning to refuse therapy and not get better, so we were
given the Medicare boot. (Although I worry about this, I feel they had probably
reached their top level of what they could do for him, and I was beginning to
worry about him staying longer for several reasons.)

So, Jim is coming home Saturday June 27th sometime between 1-3:30 to begin our
next adventure into his recovery. I still have no idea of his actual condition,
and will not till home for a while. Some of their plan concerns about his
safety did not resonate with me, for they do not know our personal or home set
up, or my control over certain situations. Home Health Care is supposed to come
in for initial nurse’s visit on Sunday, then PCP take over and HHC evaluations
will follow. Hopefully PCP will order continued therapy if HHC asks for it. I
only have a week off to get everything set up once he gets home, which is a bit
daunting. If necessary I will take lost/no pay time if I can get it if I need
more time to get all in place. I will use all help available through HHC
resources, but may have to pay for outside help as I can and as needed. Just
not a big network of free helpers available.

Although he seems great to most who have spoken to him, I can tell by phone
calls his brain has a ways to go in healing in some areas, and also know he may
never heal in certain areas. We shall see. Physically, same thing. Hopefully
being in his home environment, and getting his regular PCP and cardiologists to
check his meds and rework them, will produce better results than some negative
ones I am seeing. For now, he is still not on much at all to prevent another
stroke, and I have no idea of condition of brain bleed. Lots to do once home.

Please continue to pray for us and/or send healing and positive vibes. My work
is about to begin in earnest on the home front. For those who wonder, I of
course have not gotten any rest. Being separated was horrible for both of us,
managing the numerous problems of his isolation and care challenging from long
distance, working up to 30 hours a week, and dealing with COVID both during
closure and our level of reopening has been stressful for this old caver lady.
Now having seriously reduced staff due to positive cases at our location makes
things even worse. But the work goes on.

May you all be well and safe, and begin to cave again. Take care of yourself
and those around you.

Mimi Jasek

Sent from my iPhone