To begin, thank all of you who have reached out with well wishes and support!

Jim made it through surgery with no surprises. Doc pleased. We learned that
knee ortho doc, when knee seemed ok, added the hip scan as they were baffled.
Turns out for many, hip pain manifests as knee pain! They have patients come in
all the time with serious knee pain, and upon study find they have a seriously
arthritic or broken hip! Live and learn! Knee obviously hurt in fall to cause
swelling and blood in fluid due to blood thinner, but hip culprit all along. We
have no idea how or when he broke it?!

He will start PT tomorrow, and hopefully transition to rehab this weekend or
early next week. Due to blood thickness concerns and preventing another stroke,
they are slowly getting his numbers back where they need to be. This could be
the time decision for going to rehab, but really don’t know! The fact that the
knee is perfect, though, should help his progress both mentally and physically.

We are hanging in. Take care, be safe, and cave if you can. Will update as can.

Mimi Jasek

Sent from my iPhone