CULTURAL QA 05-2024-02A

All theBELOW  QA are from  Quora digest to me   on  02-05-2024.

 Quoraanswers need not be 100% correct answers 

.Compiled andposted by R. Gopala krishnan,  on 02-05-2024

Q1           When Karna asked Shri Krishna, “Whatwas my fault?”, what was Shree 
Krishna's answer to that?

A1           Lakshmi Telidevara, Studying VyasaBharat again and again.2y

Karna never askedKrishna what was his fault.

There are threemain instances where both Krishna and Karna interacted with each 
other.

When Krishna askedKarna to join Pandavas in Udyoga Parva.

Here Karna justrefused Krishna’s suggestion and even revealed his premonition 
Of Pandavavictory ahead. He did not question Krishna how was he at fault...

2. Before thecommencement of battle,in Bhishma Parva ,Krishna asked Karna to 
join their sidesince anyway he is not going to fight for Kauravas till Bhishma 
is in charge.Here also he did not question Krishna.

3. On 17 th dayKarna asked Arjuna to wait till he pulls his chariot wheel from 
the earth.Krishna gave a speech reminding him all his misdeeds. Then also Karna 
did notquestion Krishna.. .

Sanjaya continued,'Thus addressed, O Bharata, by Vasudeva, Karna hung down his 
head in shame andgave no answer. With lips quivering in rage, he raised his 
bow, O Bharata, and,being endued with great energy and prowess, he continued to 
fight with Partha.

Section 91 KarnaParva

Karna was silent .He knew his participation in adharma based deeds done towards 
Pandavas and thenhis share in humiliating Draupadi and finally death of 
Abhimanyu.That was whyhe never questioned Krishna thus..“ What was my fault?”

Conscience is thebest judge for any person. It won’t tell lies.

My answer is based on story of Vyasa Bharat

Q2           How do scientists know that the Ychromosome formed 180 million 
years ago?

A2           “Silk Road”, Studied at GenerativePre Training Feb 29

It's true that theY chromosome diverged from the X chromosome about 180 million 
years ago, whenmammals were just starting to evolve.

But it's not truethat the Y chromosome was born at that time.

In fact, the Ychromosome is much older than that, and it used to be just like 
any otherchromosome.

You see, sexchromosomes are not fixed in nature.

They can changeover time, depending on the evolutionary pressures and 
mechanisms that shapethem.

For example, somereptiles and fish use environmental cues, such as temperature, 
to determinetheir sex.

Others havemultiple sex chromosomes, such as the platypus, which has 10 of them.

Some have no sexchromosomes at all, such as the banana slug, which is a 
hermaphrodite.

The Y chromosomeall started with a mutation.

A mutation thatcreated a gene called SRY, which stands for sex-determining 
region of Y.

This gene acts as aswitch that triggers the development of male characteristics 
in mammals.

Once this geneappeared, the X and Y chromosomes stopped recombining with each 
other, andstarted to drift apart.

The Y chromosomelost most of its genes, and became specialized for 
male-specific functions,such as spermatogenesis.

The X chromosome,on the other hand, kept most of its genes, and became the 
default chromosomefor females.

But the storydoesn't end there.

The Y chromosome isnot static, either. It's constantly evolving and adapting to 
new challenges andopportunities.

The human Ychromosome has gained 41 new genes since it diverged from the 
chimpanzee Ychromosome, about 6 million years ago.

These genes areinvolved in various aspects of male health and disease, such as 
fertility,cancer, and immunity.

The Y chromosomealso has a unique way of repairing itself, by using palindromes 
- sequences ofDNA that are the same forward and backward - to prevent the 
accumulation ofharmful mutations.

All in all, the Ychromosome is not a relic of the past, but a dynamic and 
essential part of thepresent.

It's not going todisappear anytime soon, but it's also not going to stay the 
same.

    It's going to keep changing and evolving,just like everything else in life.

Q3         Canyou make me laugh in 20 seconds?

A3           Tiny Nair, Cardiologist at PRSHospital, Trivandrum1y

 ‘Token Number 34’

 ‘Sir I should tell you first that I am achronic smoker; you should help me 
quit smoking’

 ‘Sure, I shall do all I can. Once you arementally strong and decided to quit, 
half the job is done. Please take a seat’.I smile.

-

 ‘Sir I was first seen by the famous Prof ---,at medical college. He was such a 
kind man. He explained to me all the ills ofsmoking and requested me to stop 
smoking; but I didn’t.’

 ‘OK’

 ‘Then unfortunately he passed away, I wasclueless as to what to do’.

-

 ‘Then I started consulting Prof ***; you mustbe knowing him’.

 ‘Yes, I was actually his student’

 ‘Oh really, he was such a learned man. He wasa man of few words. He clearly 
told me the consequences of smoking, the risk oflung cancer etc, but I just 
could not stop’.

 ‘As you know sir, Prof *** died last year’.

 ‘And then I started consulting Dr … You know,he is the busiest doctor in town. 
Sir, unlike usual doctors he has a shorttemper. He shouted at me. He scolded me 
right and left, and told me that If Idon’t stop smoking, he won’t see me again. 
I was so scared.’

-

 ‘I learnt form newspaper last week that Dr …is no more, he died suddenly in 
sleep. So now I decided to see you’

-

Despite the AC infull blast, I was sweating.

I knew my time hascome.

 ‘Sister, please ask the reception to refundhis fees’

-

I called my wife.

 ‘Just check if we had paid the LIC premium ontime.’

 ‘But why, at this time of the day?’ asked mywife.

 ‘Nothing, just this Adani scare, thought ofchecking out’.

My note- If one cannot laugh at this joke, he hasno humour sense. 

Q4           Who was Hanuman's son? How did hecome to the gatekeeper of Hell?

A4           Vedic Meet, Lives in India(2020–present)Feb 7

Lord Hanuman isrevered by a lot of people. He was a Bal Brahma Chari (Celibate) 
and hefollowed the path of Brahmacharya (Celibacy) throughout his life, 
yetMakardhwaj is called his son. According to Hindu mythology, there are 
differentinterpretations of who Hanuman's son was and how he became associated 
with thegatekeeper of Hell. Here is the real story:

How MakardhwajBecame Hanuman’s Son:

After burning theentire Lanka by his tail, Hanuman embarked on his way to 
return.

He dived into theocean to extinguish the flame on his tail.

Then a drop ofHanuman’s sweat dropped into the ocean.

This sweat drop wasswallowed by a mythical creature called a "Makara," and 
Makardhwajawas born as its offspring.

He was raised byAhiravana, the demon king of the netherworld (Patala) and 
brother of Ravana.

Some versionsportray Makardhwaja as a loyal gatekeeper of Patala, while others 
depict him asa fierce enemy of Rama and Hanuman.

How Makardhwajbecame the gatekeeper of Hell:

According toValmiki Ramayana, younger brother of Ravana, Ahi Ravana once kept 
Shree Ram andLakshman captive.

He kept them in thehell and assigned Makardhwaj to guard the gate of Hell.

In order to saveRam and Lakshman, Hanuman reached to Hell where he was stopped 
by Makardhwaj.

After a fiercebattle, Lord Hauman won ultimately.

However, he wasamazed by Makardhwaj’s appearance.

He was acombination of a Vanar (Monkey) and a fish. Then, Hanuman asked who he 
is.

 He replied that he is Hanuman’s son.

Q5           What are some of the greatestexamples of presence of mind?

A5           Vishal Singh, PGP in Finance &Marketing, Indian Institute of 
Management Lucknow (Graduated 2019)6y

Once an Interviewer(I) asked a candidate (C) to have a good look at each and 
everything in theroom. He gave him 2 minutes to do so and then asked him to 
leave and come backafter 15 minutes.

After 15 mins…

C: may I come insir.

I: Sure.

Candidate comes intakes his seat.

I: So, now tell mewhat has changed in this room in the past 15 mins.

Candidate looked ateverything in the room. He was sure most of things were in 
the same place asearlier. After a couple of minutes of his intense looking he 
said –

C: The three handsof the clock (which was hanging right in front of him) – 
Hour, Minute andSecond.

I: (Got impressedand smiled) Okay I wasn’t expecting that but your answer is 
correct as well.Let’s move on…




-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Thatha_Patty" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/thatha_patty/646116129.3953027.1714658359621%40mail.yahoo.com.

Reply via email to