---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: N Sekar <nseka...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, May 5, 2024 at 12:07 PM
Subject: Re: [KeralaIyers] CULTURAL QA 05-2024-05
To: Gopa4411 <gopa4...@yahoo.in>, Kerala Iyer <keralaiy...@googlegroups.com>,
Rangarajan T.N.C. <tncrangara...@yahoo.com>, Suryanarayana Ambadipudi <
sn.ambadip...@gmail.com>, Chittanandam V. R. <chittananda...@gmail.com>,
Mathangi K. Kumar <mathangikku...@gmail.com>, APS Mani <m...@manijpn.in>,
Srinivasan Sridharan <sridhsriniva...@gmail.com>, SRIRAMAJAYAM <
vabal...@gmail.com>, YM - Markandeya101091 <markandeya101...@gmail.com>

Thanks.

Q 1:  "Faith Moves Mountains" is a famous saying and this incident proves
that; but that Faith should be total and complete - Total surrender to His
Will.

Let me recollect the two stories (although the fwds mentioned these are
real) I have read on Faith. These are fairly old ones and many of you must
have heard / read them.

1.  In a parched village the priest asked the people to join him in his
prayers asking for immediate and copious rains. ONLY one man and that too a
small boy, came with an umbrella and that showed his Faith in his prayers.
That is true "Faith".

2. In a small town there was a Church and a liquor shop side by side with
the shop's owner being a non believer.. The Faithful could not say their
prayers in peace as the constant noise, brawling etc disturbed them and in
utter desperation they had a special joint prayer asking Him to punish the
liquor shop owner - and the owner also came to know about it.

The liquor shop was soon destroyed by a fire and its owner sued the church
and the congregation claiming their faith and prayers resulted in his loss.

In the court,  during the hearings, the Church and its followers claimed
their prayers had nothing to do with the fire and are therefore, not
responsible for the loss of the liquor shop owner. They said it was just an
accident.

The judge observed:

"I have a very strange case before me - on the one hand the Faithful claim
that their prayers had no effect BUT on the other hand, a total non
believer says it is their prayers that ruined his business and I don't know
who has real "Faith" and who really believes in "prayers".

Wanted to share.

N Sekar

On Sunday, May 5, 2024 at 08:41:51 AM GMT+4, 'gopala krishnan' via