CULTURAL QA 05202405

Q1           What are the stories of Lord Krishna that give you goosebumps?

KR          Thank God Trivandrum doctor was not asked to explain this
phenomenon!!!   Disk prolapse in 3 months cured By Krishna -may not be a
FAKE NEWS?  Faith MAY even move the mountain. However, if it’s a real
prolapse, had that Doctor sent messages all over, Chandrasekar my friend
could have been cured. Is there media news?  Can Goose bump? See below NB.
***

Q2           When did aluminium become cheap?

KR           Yes correct; Before this breakthrough, aluminium was
considered a luxury item, and it was even used to cap the Washington
Monument in the United States as a symbol of wealth and prestige. However,
once the Hall-Héroult process was introduced, aluminium became much more
abundant and its price dropped significantly, making it widely available
for various industrial and consumer applications.

Q4           When Shri Krishna returned after the war of Mahabharata,
Rukmani, was filled with anger and questioned him. Why?

KR            ONE MORE FAKE FOLKLORE

***NB    1     Can faith move mountains? If we see commercial on liners
advertising as honest, will give only the positive descriptions; and then
as if waiting, their own 3 or 4 people will eulogise that product and there
will be one harsh comment too. Thereafter it is rare any other purchasers
added any comments at all. But the consumers are attracted and rush to buy
that product. Fake products and Fake advt comments.  And the sales galore
and mute purchasers. So too, once something is written, immediately if 2
comments as advt passed, it becomes genuine?

2        According to the Mahabharata, Vibhandaka, a renowned sage and a
son of Kashyapa, travels in Mahahrada, when he sees Urvashi, the most
beautiful apsara (nymph). Aroused, he emits his seed, which fell into the
river. A doe, who is a cursed apsara, swallows it and becomes pregnant due
to the sage's miraculous powers. After she gives birth to a boy, she is
liberated from the curse and returns to heaven. The boy is born with horns
and because of which, he is named Rishyasringa. Vibhandaka decides to raise
him isolated from society. Rishyasringa grows up in his father's ashram in
the forest, unaware of existence of any female. He practices brahmacharya
and acquires magical and miraculous powers due to his chastity.

3       Meanwhile, Romapada—the King of Anga—offends a Brahmin, due to
which no other Brahmin agrees to perform yajna (fire-sacrifice). This
upsets Indra, the king of the gods, and he stops raining on Anga. As a
result, the kingdom suffers from drought and famine. Romapada is told that
the only way to bring rainfall is by bringing a man with perfect chastity
into the kingdom. Romapada learns of Rishyasringa and despite his fear of
the power and anger of Vibhandaka, he sends some courtesans to Rishyasringa
to bring him into his kingdom. During Vibhandaka's absence, the women come
to his ashram and meet Rishyasringa. They tell him that they were hermits.
Rishyasringa becomes astonished by seeing their appearance and invites them
to perform tapas (penance) with him. Before Vibhandaka arrives, the women
leave the place. Rishyasringa becomes love-sick and ignores his daily
duties. The next day, the courtesans return and take Rishyasringa to Anga.
As a result, the kingdom receives bountiful rains and Rishyasringa marries
Shanta. Much of the story is taken up by accounts of the feelings of the
young man as he becomes aware of women for the first time. {KR so it is not
Dasarathan and that day Ayodhya in famine}

4    The story can be found in both the Ramayana and the Mahabharata.
According to the Ramayana, Rishyasringa was the chief priest when the King
Dasharatha performed a yajna to beget progeny, and Rama, Bharata, and the
twins Lakshmana and Shatrughna were born.

      CORRECT VERSION OF RAMAYANA AND NOT AS STATED BY SOME FAKE MEMBER:

Valmiki Ramayana - Bala Kanda in Prose Sarga 9

Sumantra, the minister of King Dasharatha, details the importance of Sage
Rishyasringa and beseeches the king to invite that sage to preside over the
contemplated Vedic ritual, for that Sage's entry into any kingdom is
auspicious for that land and people.Sumantra, the charioteer and one of the
misters of King Dasharatha, having heard all about the king's desire to
perform a Vedic ritual, said this in confidence to king, "Oh, king, I will
tell an early legend, an early legendary narration that I listened... "Oh,
king, I have earlier heard of this present advice given to you by Vedic
scholars, as godly Sage Sanatkumara has once narrated an account about the
arrival of your sons in the presence of other sages, and sage Sanat Kumara
said... He said that "Sage Kashyapa has a son known as Vibhaandaka, and his
son will be the renowned Sage Rishyasringa, and that Sage Rishyasringa will
grow up in forests, and will always be dwelling in forest...

    Here the word used by Sumantra is tava putra aagamam , it renders as
'the arrival of your sons', meaning that sons of King Dasharatha arrive
from Heavens, but not through an ordinary parturition. Even earlier in time
to that of Dasharatha, Sage Sanatkumara predicted the 'arrival' of Vishnu
as Rama. The birth-event associated with Rishyasringa’s name is that he is
born with a horn on the crown of his head. Thus he is named as
Rishyasringa, i.e., em> R^iSi the Sage; shR^i~Nga horn; a Sage with a horn
on his forehead at his birth time. This being the mythological import, he
is an acme among sages, as shR^i~Nga also means a peak."Not knowing others,
that Brahman the best, namely Rishyasringa, will always be abiding his
father and he will follow celibacy of two kinds Brahmanical vows namely
vratitva , praajaapatya ...Or  Not knowing others that Brahman the best,
will always be abiding his father, lest his renowned celibacy always
praised by the Brahmans, will be hindered.

    The word dvaividhyam also means two kinds of celibacy, vratitva and
prajaapatyam. One, as a bachelor and the other after marriage, voluntarily
distancing away from his wife on certain forbidden days like full moon and
new moon days, during daytime, eclipses, and other astronomical occurrences
and some more. This kind of self-imposed celibacy is one way of observing
sustained family planning methods, instead of resorting to medicaments.
Here, this word is more nearer to mean 'hindrance', than to mean the 'two
way celibacy' as deciphered by some commentators.    "In the world he
becomes famous for his celibacy, oh king, and he will always be praised by
Brahmans, and thus time will pass on with that kind of his conduct... Sage
Rishyasringa loses no time with his servitor-ship to the Sacrificial Fire
and also to his celebrated father, and during this period alone there will
be a famed and very strong king Romapaada, a valiant in Anga country... But
by a violation of righteousness of that king there will be a shocking and
devastating famine in that country... While the famine is besetting that
king Roamapada will be afflicted with grim, and on summoning Brahmans and
learned scholars he will address them..." ‘All of you are well versed in
rituals and knowers of the world history... order me how to how the
purification from sin will be..." ‘Thus said by king those scholarly
Brahmans and Vedic scholars will say to the king, 'oh, king, son of Sage
Vibhaandaka, namely Rishyasringa, is to be fetched by all methods...

      "Oh! King, having brought Sage Rishyasringa and honouring him well
with good care, procedurally give him your daughter Shanta in marriage to
that Vedic Brahman and the son of Sage Vibhaandaka... On listening them the
king becomes thoughtful about the idea by which it is possible to bring
that self-controlled sage to his place...Then that intellectual king
decides along with ministers, to dispatch clergymen and ministers,
honouring them well, and then sends them..."They on hearing king's words
are awestruck and lowering their faces they will say, 'we can not go there
as we are afraid of sage Vibhandaka, father of Rishyasringa...' After
thinking over they will say as a second thought, and having found a
solution with a plan to bring that sage, 'we will fetch that Brahman and
also by that no stigma will occur...'

      "Thus by the king of Anga kingdom and by his courtesans the son of
sage Rishyasringa will be brought and the presiding deity for rains will
showers rains, and Shanta will also be given in marriage to that sage...’
"Sage Rishyasringa, son-in-law of Romapaada, King of Anga ad as well as to
you, if invited to our kingdom he will bless you to beget sons, oh! King...
so said Sage Sanatkumaara to other sages and all this is retold by me."
Thus the charioteer and the Minister Sumantra completed his narration in
confidence to King Dasharatha.

Comment: Sage Rishyasringa is also a son-in-law to King Dasharatha.
Princess Shanta, in a distant relationship is a daughter to King Dasharatha
in relation and the adopted daughter of Romapaada, the King of Anga. Thus,
Sumantra's saying son-in-law also means Dasharatha's son-in-law, besides
Romapada’s.

5        The Naḷinikā Jātaka (Jā 526) introduces a past life of the Buddha,
a sage, living alone in the Himālayas. There is semen in the urine he
passes, a doe who eats the grass in that place gets pregnant from it. A
human boy named Isisiṅga (Pali) is later born to the deer and he grows up
in complete seclusion from mankind, and most importantly, from womankind.
He even doesn't know the difference in the body and appearance of the
two.The boy's ascetic power becomes so great that it disturbs the god
Sakka, the lord of heaven, who causes a drought to occur in the country and
blames it on the boy. He then convinces the King to send his daughter to
seduce him and to break the austerity of the young seer and to reduce his
ascetic power. The King and his daughter accept Sakka's reasoning and in
good faith – and for the benefit of the country – agree to be part of the
plot The girl dresses up as an ascetic and while the father is away
gathering roots and fruits in the forest, she manages to seduce the boy,
who has never seen a woman before. Through their revelling, the boy does
indeed lose his powers, after which the girl departs. When his father
returns, the infatuated boy informs him of the girl, only to be instructed
and rebuked by his father. He then repents for his actions.

6     Jātaka 523, the Alambusā Jātaka, also recounts a similar story
of Isisinga,
in one other previous life of Bodhisattva. Here, Sakka chooses a heavenly
nymph to seduce the ascetic. The outcome is the same: the sage is seduced,
repents and Sakka is thwarted. In response, he grants a boon to the
seductress.

7     The story also appears in the Mahāvastu (Jones' translation pp.
139–147), but Ekaśr̥ṅga, as he is known here, is the Bodhisattva, and
Nalinī is a past life of Yaśodharā. A major variation in this version of
the story is Ekaśr̥ṅga's ignorance of his marriage to the girl. He succumbs
to worldly responsibilities, eventually becoming king and fathering 32
children before retiring again to the forest and regaining his former
powers.

8    According to the Tuṅgabhadrāmahātmya which is a division of a
Mahapuranas,[8] Rishyasringa is regarded to have been born from a place
near Sringeri in Karnataka. There is an ancient big temple nearby which is
believed to be the place where he lived before moving to Ayodhya.[9]
Sringeri is also known as ShringaGiri (Sanskrit: the hills where
RishyaShringaresided). The Shiva linga with which the sage merged, can be
seen today at the temple in Kigga.

9    There is a temple of rishyashringa named 'Chehni fort' situated in
Banjar tehsil of Kullu District Himachal Pradesh. In Banjar valley,
Rishyasringa is called "Shringa Rishi" by the locals. An idol of Shringa
Rishi with the goddess Shanta is present in the temple. This place is about
50  km from Kullu. Rishyasringa is the presiding deity of this secluded
valley named Banjar.

KR        Here was no faith moving the mountain; confused minds believe and
it is harmless so we do believe.        K RAJARAM   IRS   5524