Every time i want to print something in a "shop", I ask my printer witch Printer-profile he will use. May be "Forga" for example. Then I save my File from Adobe Indesign or Acrobat with this profile. And I will have no problems with the colors - normaly... Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all Greetings Markus
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- Von: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:therion-bounces at speleo.sk] Im Auftrag von Graham Mullan Gesendet: Sonntag, 15. Dezember 2013 22:47 An: therion at speleo.sk Betreff: Re: [Therion] PDF display It's strange, but I thought that the whole point of pdf was that the document would present in identical fashion across displays and platforms. Has anyone tried printing from different rendering engines & seeing in what ways the results differ? Screen display is all very well, but if you are having printing done, especially by a print shop whose software you have no control over, how do you know what the results are going to look like before you have coughed up the (frequently not inconsiderable) price. What I do know is that if I export to jpg from, Acrobat then the results do seem to look the same as the Acrobat rendition & those are what get incorporated into journals. But for A1 or A0 posters I give pdf files to the print shop. As yet, as far as memory tells me (I have none to hand) they look like the Acrobat rendition, but others may have different experiences to me. Graham _______________________________________________ Therion mailing list Therion at speleo.sk http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion
