One thing more:

I save rendered files as TIFF without compression. The reasons are - there is 
no problem to manipulate with gigabyte files today, the RIP (program to print) 
must raster the vector format or decompress the JPG file. TIFF file is more 
fast. To add appropriate ICC profile is necessary too. Many RIPs are able to 
work with RGB images without any problem, but use the sRGB rather than Adobe 
RGB.

m.

Dec 16, 2013 v 5:56 AM, Bruce <bruce at tomo.co.nz>:

>> But for A1 or A0 posters I give pdf files to the
>> print shop. As yet, as far as memory tells me (I have none to hand) they
>> look like the Acrobat rendition, but others may have different experiences
>> to me.
> 
> It is usual for me to have difficulty with print shops having subtle
> problems with printing maps - areas in particular.  Even when they display
> OK on screen.  Adobe Illustrator I think is what they use.  A solution I
> have used for small files is to convert to jpg.  Large files crash any
> converter I have, so no overall solution other than to live in hope...
> 
> Bruce
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Therion mailing list
> Therion at speleo.sk
> http://mailman.speleo.sk/mailman/listinfo/therion

Martin Sluka - Studio Sluka

prodej Hahnemühle DFA 
tisk fotografií, reprodukcí a volné tvorby

Na Rovnosti 2692/21
130 00 Praha 3
tel.: +420 603513640
mail: martinsluka at mac.com
web: http://www.piezografie.cz








-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://mailman.speleo.sk/pipermail/therion/attachments/20131216/d9228b8b/attachment.html>

Reply via email to