Hi Evaristo

Indeed the line rope needs some additions in an elegant way :).
Occasionally I have also wanted to make a Y-anchor without the dot in the
middle. But I hadn't had the time to add this feature. It can be done by
adding extra line point options. Similar to "adjust horizontal", "l-size",
etc for "line:wall".
This will require modifications to both the Metapost code to draw the
symbol, and to the therion c++ code that parses the options.
It would be possible to draw different types of anchors depending on the
line point option, but I am not sure if it will be easy to reflect the used
anchors in the legend.

Actually it would be best if there are both ways of setting an anchor: with
a line point option, or with a separate point "anchor" with different
options. The "anchor" point already exists, but is only one type.

When I draw a rope I always use it with "rebelays off" now and draw the
rebelays with a Bezier line. This allows me better control, because the
automatic rebelay curves don't always fit well in the pit shape.

Evaristo, if you want to work on the code, I can try to help. The above are
all nice ideas, like many others, but I personally don't have the time to
experiment with implementing them.

Vladimir