> On 20. Aug 2019, at 11:21, Max D <m...@foxel.org> wrote:
>

>> On 20. Aug 2019, at 11:15, Bruce Mutton <br...@tomo.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> Survex loop closure seems to be fed arbitrary station names
>
> Maybe be we can ask Therion to dump a mapping between svx station names and
> it's own names.

We can!

1. Ensure that you generate an SQL export in your thcondig:
    export database -format sql -output mycave.sql

2. load the data in SQLite (it comes preinstallted on MAc and most Linux boxes):
        rm -f cave.db
        sqlite3 mycave.db < /mycave.sql

3. extract the data you want:

        sqlite3 mycave.db
.headers on
SELECT s.ID as sid, (s.NAME || '@' || su.NAME) AS station FROM STATION s LEFT
OUTER JOIN SURVEY su ON s.SURVEY_ID=su.ID where s.NAME not in ('-', '.') order
by sid;
.mode tabs
.output stations.tsv
SELECT s.ID as sid, (s.NAME || '@' || su.NAME) AS station FROM STATION s LEFT
OUTER JOIN SURVEY su ON s.SURVEY_ID=su.ID where s.NAME not in ('-', '.') order
by sid;
.quit

The file ' stations.tsv' should now contain the desired mapping. IT looks like
this:

sid     station
1       1.0@g1
2       1.1@g1
3       1.2@g1

If you have much deeper nested surveys the code could be extended to resolve
them. For me one level is enough to know what was meant by the station name.

--max