Hi everyone!

I have an update to share regarding wtherion, which you hopefully
remember is my project for a web-based Therion map editor to replace
XTherion's map editing capabilities:
https://github.com/daem-on/wtherion

I just spent the last two weeks rewriting the UI of wtherion, which
was originally a fork of a vector editing application, migrating the
parts that used jQuery to Vue. The canvas library and most of the
editing logic are the same, this change just means the editor UI can
be even more dynamic, complex and useful than before. This eliminated
a lot of unnecessary or overly complex code left from the vector
editor, and I hope in the future this will make it easier to maintain
and add new features to.

Some of the more visible changes include:
- New layout and new UI styles
- Shortcuts icons for common actions
- Keybinds can be configured (this is not persisted yet)
- All select lists (including points/symbols) have preview images
- UI language can be changed at runtime
- New rendering capabilities

This last one I'm especially happy about, it's a step towards actual
WYSIWYG editing, although that is not planned for this project.
Currently you can see, in real time, while editing, what your 'slope',
'pit' or 'overhang' lines might look like when compiled. The main
limiting factor here is performance, since I don't know how capable
the average user's hardware will be, I tried to keep it optimised, and
I added a toggle for it in the toolbar.

I'm planning on releasing a 1.0 version of wtherion in the future, but
I would like to hear feedback on this development version, which can
be reached at beta.wtherion.daemonw.com (this is also linked in the
GitHub repo). If you have suggestions on how it should work
differently, if it's not working well for your workflow, or if you
find a bug, please let me know here, or create an issue on GitHub.

I can't make any guarantee as to the timeline of development, or how
quickly I'll respond. Admittedly, I haven't worked on this project
very actively in the last two years, but right now I want to spend
more time on it.

The scope of the project hasn't really changed, but I'd be interested
to work on other projects that plan to replace the whole of XTherion,
or even replace text based editing.

Csongor