Folks,

This is a penultimate question in so far as it is not the last Question we
need to answer *How do we enable saving tiddlywikis for **naive and casual
users? in *The last word in Saving?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywiki/98-q0H0q6bA> Ok
perhaps it is not the perfect word but I do love it :) If multi-user was
working we would guide *naive and casual users *to register and login in
and that may be the end of the story in cases where tiddlywiki is published
via a server. The penultimate question is for us to answer as designers and
enthusiasts how can we deploy more sophisticated solutions.

Let us consider TT's Question

> But part of the issue is what is it [multi-user/Multi-access] for?

First I would like to acknowledge Jeds work as already delivering this as a
solution, technically it is here.

Tiddlywiki's as personal repositories or for publishing readonly content is
brilliant. People can even make it their own "fork" a published tiddlywiki
but this is still quite limited when considered along side competing
technologies such as cloud delivered multi-user applications, even the
humble wordpress can have multiple simultaneous users with different access
levels (built in) not dependent on the servers security model.

As soon as you publish a wiki to an audience you may be interested in
receiving feedback, allowing people to participate and add content.
Publishing a wiki on your desktop at home or in an office on a lan for
multiple-users to access for read only is trivial. As raised in The last
word in Saving?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywiki/98-q0H0q6bA> I am
keen to enable a serial editing method on single file wikis to at least
make Wikis editable in teams, if not constrained in the time domains, ie
one editor at a time. If this were true with any single file wiki it would
be very helpful. But it can be used on top of a server (If not somewhat
irrelevant on Bob).

However most of can see the value of multi-access (So we do not break our
own wikis in another tab/window or browser) or multi-user (simultaneously
editors) and this is in my view the next functional step for designers,
developer and enthusiasts. This is where Bob excels because it builds on
the various tiddlywiki server options (Node) and provides the contention
resolving layer.

So I raised multi-user multi-access in its own thread to do the following;

   - Try and stop it distracting the discussion in The last word in Saving?
   <https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/tiddlywiki/98-q0H0q6bA> away
   from single file wikis and users First encounter experience with users
   making use of OR adopting tiddlywiki themself
   - Open a new discussion here so we can evaluate options and move forward
   on this subject, which is subtly different from the question of using
   server (node, TiddlyServer, Bob) or application implementation such as
   (Apps, TiddlyDesktop ..)

As stated by me earlier is* Bob not already the answer?*

Yes, Bob probably is the answer to multi-access and multi user but the
subject multi access and multi user need not be restricted to one solution.
For example serial editing options on top of node will provide a
constrained multi-user method so we should be open to discuss other methods
of obtaining multi-access and multi-user.

Given the hard work has being done with Bob and now with Bob.exe (Ease of
install) and the New Bob Saver Plugin (Which helps transition from single
sile wikis to server based wikis) this thread also offers an opportunity to
investigate and develop the workflows and ways to transition from single
file wikis to robust multi-access and multi-user wikis. I would like us to
find methods to document and ease this transition.

Once again I will call on the community to support Jed via his Patreon page
because he deserves some compensation for his extensive work to bring these
possibilities to TiddlyWiki. Please also consider others who make tireless
contributions.

*I stand to learn more from the community but here is my "Working Vision".*

   - Using the bob saver plugin users can make tiddlywikis there own and
   edit and save locally without Browser or Operating system barriers,
   importantly using a platform based single executable install.
   - With Bob now installed they have access to a tiddlywiki server,
   management and creation platform so they can enter the world of LAN
   publishing, Multi-device access, multi access and multi user
   - That Bob and other options be explored further, then given the
   additional support to give users of different experience levels to adopt
   then turbocharge tiddlywiki.

Serious Questions that remain

   - How can we securely place a server and/or multi-access/multi-user
   online?

Regards
Tony