Just some thoughts;

Tw-Receiver is one of my favorite extensions that allows a Single File
tiddlywiki online to save to the server via php.

It is somewhat secure because the passcode to save can be stored only in
local storage and you can't save without it, Using a server such as an
apache server is easy as most online hosting accounts allow this. However
this solution is currently limited to single file wikis and is thus
dependant of the provision of check in and out or serial editor access.

   - Could we ever implement a full tiddlywiki server on PHP? with
   multi-access and multi-user

My own internet host does allow me to run an internet facing Node server
but I am not sure about its security and its seriously hacky because my
service provider does not support it as a mainstream solution. Node can be
implemented through Docker.

Noteself using cloudDB and the interim pouchDB is a great solution and
being Database driven supports tiddler versions and more. But not
multi-user? Yes single user multiple device perhaps (multi-access). I have
found it hard locating an online CounchDB service or hosting it myself.

Being a fan boy and experienced wordpress developer I see value if we could
use a MySQL database for tiddlywiki, since these databases are available
all over the place on cheap hosting services. Further benefit would accrue
if wordpress could see tiddlers and tiddlywiki could see wordpress posts
and pages. We can already integrate somewhat Tiddlywiki into wordpress
sites just not at the tiddler level, only wiki level.

Regards
Tony