On Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at 1:08:18 PM UTC+1, TonyM wrote:

> Before I go and make these plugins I want to let you know they are all
> macros and in json bundles already if not without readme and licences.

Yea, bundles need a bit more info and may be a better interface.

> I wonder if we should make bundle distribution more common, rather than me
> moving to plugins, although plugins have the advantage of deleting modified
> tiddlers reverts to the shadow. It's also nice to pack multiple plugins in
> a bundle.

The "shadow" behaviour is key for plugins. Where the "normal" tiddler
behaviour is key for bundles. ... As above better UI would help.

> I have thought of making the import process bundle aware. So the
> description, filter and more will be displayed before import.

The problem with the existing import process is relatively deeply berried
in the core. If the import mechanism "deactivates" a tiddler its content is
physically deleted. So if you re-enable the checkbox _nothing_ happens. ..
That's a big systematic problem.

-m