Mohammad wrote:

> Coronavirus teaches one important lesson: We (all human beings) are in the
> same boat! Forget color, race, religion, country border, ... we need to be
> kind to each other
> and only with public efforts we can take over this dangerous threat!

Very true.

But also true that sooner or later a virus will mutate into a really deadly
form. And in a joined-up world the risks of that happening are much
increased.
It is the price to pay for how we live now. This virus is a marker of that
danger.
At the moment the coronavirus is killing most the very elderly and already
ill. The death rate is about 8% overall. Look here to see deaths by age:
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/.

Spanish flu, which devastated the world between 1918 and 1920 had a final
total death rate of around 3%.

I do think understanding what is happening matters. It is human
understanding that may make the difference.

Best wishes
TT