Much appreciated that you're looking at this!

...and your post makes me realize I am asking the totally wrong question
(Doh!!! I got confused from dabbling with this so I forgot what I'm
actually in need of)  :-/

The actual need is to catch the *unclosed* <<foo in this text, potentially
surrounded by completed <<foo>>

Lorem ipsum

Lorem ipsum <<foo bar>> lorem impsum <<foo lorem ipsum <<foo>> and <<foo bar
>> lorem.

Sorry for confusion and never mind the prefix[Draft] bits, they're not
important, I should have removed them.

Again, I appreciate your and anyones help as I don't master regexp
sufficiently.

<:-)