On Saturday, March 7, 2020 at 10:21:28 PM UTC+1, Mat wrote:

> More compact:
>
> Find the *first* "<<foo "
> ...that is not followed by "....>>"   (where .... signifies any number of
> characters, including none)
> ...OR that IS followed by "....<<"  or character/s that is forbidden
> inside a short form macro call.
>

> (This is pretty difficult to get right.)

I think, the same problem applies that Jeremy had, to detect this pattern.
So if it could be detected, it would be valid syntax.

IMO you can _not_ detect this pattern in 1 run. You would have to find
every appearance with: <<foo[^<]*  which finds <<xxxx<< ... In a second
step you have to see if xxxx contains >> .. If yes -> OK ... If no problem.

1 regexp filter can't handle this. Especially, since our filters return
tiddler names and not regexp capture groups, which would be needed.

-m