> Well, Commander is a special case

Right. It is special in that it so comprehensive.

But consider the case of a novel writer who needs extensions of several
kinds ... plugins AND mods to behavior.

In their case a finished wiki  is even more relevant!

I think it is a lot to expect a newbie to figure out they need to install 3
plugins, 4 modifications etc.

You see what I am pointing to? A bare big plugin list without context is
more helpful to "developers" than end users.

To utilise a big list not knowing TW already you absolutely would need a
framework of "purpose" IMO.

Just thoughts
TT