Birthe,

much gratitude for your testing and feedback

I tested the first Gloom button. It worked. Then I tested Mohammads
version. Changing the language to danish of course. That worked very well.
Now in another of my Wikies I tried the latest Gloom button, and were
offered translation into Persian. I could try to clear browser cache of
course. But instead I tried first version Gloom button and that still works
without that.

lol I got Hindi.  So my first version still works?  Good.  I wonder why it
stopped for me...

> I want to use your great solutions in more wikies and that seems to work
> nicely.

Mohammad's solution is perfect for applying translate tiddlers to an entire
wiki, the original button would be good for a trandlate button for single
tiddlers (like for attaching to a post here) or self-contained stand-alone
tiddlers (like I usually produce).

> Using my wiki translated into danish the button is in english but the
> translation windows is of course fine.

The "Translate" in the button would be English-- couldn't find a core
language tiddler for translate.  Did the button show En/US > (danish)? (the
part after the > should be reading your browser's language setting which I
thought might be a visual clue the button was for the user's language)

The "public health agency search bookmarks" tiddler (over in the Additions
to Mohammad's Covid wiki) was where I used some core lingo to translate
some of the tiddler text without needing to use thr translate button-- if
you want to chezk that as well-- its a single self contained tiddler that
works by itself (it creates its own temp tiddlers)