*Mat*

That indicates your vision is a single tiddler view mode - ? I would
> definitely not like this for default TW because it makes open data much
> more difficult to access.

No, I agree it's good idea to have the vertical story river and even split
view. The arrows are only for navigating back and forwards through the
visited notes. I find myself lost when I click on many links at the time, I
just want to come back to where I was 2 clicks before.

Regarding icons https://remixicon.com is the best open source pack I've
found. 2149 very nice neutral icons. I am not big. I like that balance
between softness and sharpness. By the way is there somewhere the
TiddlyWiki icon pack?

I'm not sure what you mean here with system tiddlers. System tiddlers are
> (simply!) tiddlers that have the prefix $:/ and this hides them from
> showing up in most lists. In my post to which you reply, I bring up system
> fields, i.e the few "reserved words/names" that are used for data fields in
> the system.

In my experience I was seeing system tiddlers in unwanted places like
between my tag selection. I am just saying maybe content tiddlers needs a
bit of separation in styling or placement. This still needs to be explored.

We need to consider both "writing" and "using".

Yes, that's the reason I was wondering about how to have different modes
for that. Maybe some button that switches the general mode of the whole
editor. Am I in the writing/thinking mode or am I in organizing/building
mode. This is interesting what you write:

> "distraction free light markup", "full WikiTexting with direct tool
> access", "full on display of all features"

 I like "hover to show" but I know Jeremy is not fond of this because he
> thinks it is problematic on touch screens... yet, it is commonly used on
> touch screens where, if I recall, it instead is "touch to show".

Yes, there could be combination of hover for desktop and touch for mobile,
or click for both. Also I think there is some visual work to do,
simplifying icons, adjusting contrast, spacing, hiding less used icons
under "more" icon, also providing customisation menu.

*Mat *I don't think it helps much to move to another thread, just for
limiting the view to other users. I would rather move somewhere where it's
possible to have threaded discussions on each comment. Also I created *TW
Revamp Outline
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SgqHECGZ6qU9clSNmIw8ZN2DIEMLbLRuSJU18Ut6jTs>*Google

docs where is possible to actually write in a structured manner and have
comments for each word or paragraph. What if we do it there?

Birthe C thank you for your kind words! As I wrote above I am not sure
another thread will help much here, I would rather have threaded discussion
for each comment or let's move to the collaborative document: *TW Revamp
Outline
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SgqHECGZ6qU9clSNmIw8ZN2DIEMLbLRuSJU18Ut6jTs>.*

Regading system tiddlers, whenever I install some plugin or theme,
something gets messed up, suddenly there are system tiddlers in my tags for
example. This happened when I installed Stroll for example. In general,
it's a little weird to see system tiddlers opening in the same view with my
content. It gets mixed up in the vertical storyview. I think, like we
discussed above, it would be great if you could switch to
managing/developing/building mode with a switch icon to do all these system
things. And when I switch back to writing more, it's only my content, peace
and calm;))