Mat,

Thanks for updating this. Its quite an elegant solution. Rather than me
"forking" your solution are you interested in some slight feature changes?
I am happy to contribute code and methods.

   - For example if the fieldname exists as a tiddler and contains a field
   "field-values-filter" it will use that rather than existing values?
   - An option to select such values after field creation
   - Some other ideas

Otherwise if you wish to keep this solution as is, may I use some of your
techniques in other solutions I am developing? effectively steal you code?

I see value in using this to extend the concept of Autonomous fields
<http://A design Concept and Free Button read-date stamp> raised earlier by
me

Regards
TW Tones