Charlie,

Some responses inline

> Dang, that was well put.

Thanks, but its just a result of career in information tech and information
management for real people.

> I usually find it really challenging to put into words the thoughts
> swirling around in this sponge o' mine.  Whenever I find something written
> (by some really skillful folk), I can't help but get excited with a happy
> "That's it!  That's what I was thinking!" internal jig going on.

This happens for most of us to different degrees, you may notice I tend to
challenge exceptionalism, and replace it with spectrum's. Although I
appreciate the uniqueness and individuality of us all.

> For the last few years, all of these swirling thoughts have been more
> focused, more coherent after seeing these bits from the Intertwingularity
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intertwingularity> Wikipedia article:

Interesting

>    - *Ted Nelson wrote: "EVERYTHING IS DEEPLY INTERTWINGLED. In an
>    important sense there are no "subjects" at all; there is only all
>    knowledge, since the cross-connections among the myriad topics of this
>    world simply cannot be divided up neatly."*
>

>    - *He added the following comment: "Hierarchical and sequential
>    structures, especially popular since Gutenberg, are usually forced and
>    artificial. Intertwingularity is not generally acknowledged—people keep
>    pretending they can make things hierarchical, categorizable and sequential
>    when they can't."*

I understand the idea here, and perhaps this is the case for many but my
"*Hierarchical
and sequential structures"* are rarely forced and artificial. I don't
pretend they are hierarchical, I deploy a hierarchy if there is one to be
found, but I use a tool that allows me to capture the free links and the
hierarchical.  Yes we must not be tied up by the representations we use,
but rather than avoid one, I implement as many different structures I can.
A sequence may be as simple as the order I enter them, or a category that
indicates what stimulated the generation of content.

>    - *there are always a myriad of cross-connected topics and sub-topics
>    and super-topics, and, although not easy, there is a way of componentizing
>    every little thing into fragmental and elemental information components
>    (Tiddlers in TiddlyWiki, Pages in other Wikis) that can be combined into
>    all/any aggregations (complex topic, sub-topic, and super-topic)*
>       - tell me something is impossible, and I will hyperfocus on that to
>       either prove that it is indeed impossible, or actually do the
> impossible
>       thing; stubborn me ...
>
> You do sound a lot like me with this.

>    - *Each topic/sub-topic/super-topic can certainly be presented in
>    various alternative aggregations, each aggregation being a
> "living/dynamic"
>    hierarchical/sequential/linear perspective of the
>    topic/sub-topic/super-topic*
>       - living/dynamic in the sense that everything is ever-evolving:
>       every information component, every aggregation, interconnections..
>
> Yes, Yes Yes and look at philosophy's, science and belief's the world over
and you will see this reoccurring in anyone who is just a little thoughtful.

> Not sure if well put.  I'll have to re-read again later to decide *(I'm a
> "tweaker" by nature, always adjusting to get "it" juuuuust right. I find
> all things good enough until, they aren't.)*

Perhaps Tweeking is a key term for TiddlyWiki users to use, even an
alternative name should we want one.

To back up some of my claims, I am interested in building a knowledge model
where we use a multitude of hierarchies, designed to capture a range of
organisational methods, spawning another when needed. Perhaps even to the
extreme that no tiddler has a value of an attribute without it being a
relationship to another structure. So to assign a color, color point to it
in the color wheel, want a street address?, point to it on a map, want a
family relationship? point to a place in a family tree.

Add the ability to have fuzzy and gradually accumulated hierarchies,
tolerant of missing information and you are on the way to information
Nirvana.

Eg a simple list with items on the left and right is the structure needed
to establish a *zero, 1 or many to many relationship* between two sets.

Regards
Tones