Hi Charlie,

yes that was what I meant. I always find it interesting to learn the
thought process behind someones solution, since it often gives a different
perspective on things that I would not have considered before, leads to
learning something new or both. So when I saw a solution I would not have
thought of myself I was curious how this came to be.

I sadly don't have any real tips for learning filters as it is one of the
things my brain was actually willing to learn at least the basics quite
quickly, but if you want I could write up the solution I had in mind so
that you can play around with it, if this would be something that interests
you/could help you.

And to add something useful to the babbling at the top: A short excursion
about the difference between non-javascript and javascript macros at least
as far as I learned it - definitely not an expert.

   - Javascript macros are loaded in with everything else javascript before
   any processing happens as this is so to speak the engine on which
   everything runs, so yes a javascript macro is already loaded in when the
   startup actions are run.
   - Non-javascript macros one the other hand exist at first only within
   the tiddler they where defined in. So for example if you have a tiddler
   containing the definition for a macro called get-context you would only be
   able to use this macro in the same tiddler. This is where then the import
   pragma and tag $:/tags/Macro come in. Import is used as you have done to
   allow use of a specific macro in the tiddler it was imported to. The tag
   $:/tags/Macro on the other hand allows you to mark the macro as global so
   that you can use it where ever you want without having to specifically
   import it each time. This is were the exception you reference comes in.
   Since the startup actions run before the tagged macros are processed to
   make them globally available you need to import non-javascript macros even
   if they are properly tagged.

Hope you can take away at least something from this and it wasn't too
confusing.

Happy Sunday for you as well.