Hi TT

> On 7 Nov 2020, at 09:53, TiddlyTweeter <tiddlytwee...@assays.tv> wrote:
>

> Right. I think a few tests showing the benefit of GZippery on this might help
> show a larger core is not, in itself, a major issue for most use cases.

GZip is enabled for tiddlywiki.com <http://tiddlywiki.com/>, so an interesting
test case is to look at https://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html
<https://tiddlywiki.com/upgrade.html>; it’s the largest html file on
tiddlywiki.com <http://tiddlywiki.com/> because it includes a copy of every
plugin/theme/language for upgrade purposes.

Using the “Network” tab of developer tools, the HTML file shows as taking
16.5MB on disc, but only 4.3MB when it is transmitted by the server in its
compressed form.

Best wishes

Jeremy.