Folks,

I may be missing something here, or perhaps 5.1.23 has reverted (untested
by me yet), but I cant help but feel these posts are miss-representing
things somehow.

The drop actions do add complexity to this but inside a single button I
have used createtiddler then referenced the save title as a variable and
used it elsewhere.
However if one determines a base title that does not exist yet, then the
save title will always be the same and you don't even need to access it.
Just use the first title to used for base title. If multiple tiddlers are
written they should receive a number increment tiddlername 1, tiddlername 2
etc... in which case they all have the prefix tiddlername. Knowing this if
you want you can rename them.

In the pre-release
<$button>
<$action-createtiddler $basetitle="Excerpt" $savetitle="$:/savedtitle"
tags="Excerpt" text=<<actionText>> />
<$action-navigate $to={{$:/savedtitle}}/>
Go
</$button>

This works, and it can only do so if the $:/savedtitle is correct when the
action-navigate is done.
So how can the OT of marks say? *The title saved in $:/savetitle doesn't
become available until AFTER the routine it is in finishes. This means it
is too late to be used by other widgets inside of the same routine/macro.*
If becomes available immediately after the createTiddler action how can
this be true?

Tones