On Sunday, May 16, 2021 at 2:07:17 PM UTC+2 si wrote:

> My question is more about whether this matters when copying content from
> the text of a tiddler into a different field.

The HTML spec says this:  https://html.spec.whatwg.org/#attributes ...
There is no restriction on the text, that can be put into a attribute
value. .. BUT it has to be HTML escaped. ... As your screenshot shows.

BUT .. The problem is the TW UI.

If you copy text from the text-field with javascript into a field, you can
add whitespace to the field. If you use a text area, you can also add
whitespace eg: newLines. ... BUT if you edit a field in tiddler-edit-mode,
with the single-line editor, all the NewLines and other whitespace will be
removed.

So that's the real problem here.

-mario