Si,

Just to back this up it is possible, there may be some issues saving on
node (untested).

However All you have to do is hide the additional text field and not edit
it in the Edit View fields.

If you place hide in a tiddler named
$:/config/EditTemplateFields/Visibility/fieldname it will not appear as a
row in the edit fields.

Attached is a macro I am quite proud off, it allows the addition of a
local-viewtemplate field on any tiddler, However its not yet being polished
for publishing. just add the fieldname local-viewtemplate to any tiddler
and an additional edit area is available in edit view, the content is
applied to this tiddler only when in the view tiddler mode.

This makes it easy to test prototype changes to the view template without
actually changing the shared global one and much more.

Tones