Sorry for the late reply. I would like to thank this community for the
extremely helpful and knowledgeable responses to date.

Thanks also to those contributors who suggested of alternative hosting
methods. I did check them out, and jolly interesting they are too -
just not for my use though. Tiddlyspot really does fit my needs
best.

So, on balance, I have decided to wait for a developer to kindly step
forward to address this issue. If I had more time and some JavaScript
experience, I might have been tempted to look into this myself, and
"give something back". The best I can offer is this: If anyone needs a
guinea pig to test a possible solution, please email me. I would be
very happy to help.