Sorry to continue such an old thread, but I am confused. The preceding
discussion ended when it appeared that more modern operating systems and/or
browsers had closed some sort of loophole that a Tiddlywiki exploited to
save itself back to the Tiddlyspot server.

I resigned myself to keeping my old copy of Ubuntu, with Firefox 3.6.x
running indefinitely.

That copy of Firefox recently updated itself to v10.0 (AFAIK, I was allowed
no choice in this). Far from preventing me from being able to save my
Tiddlywiki, it now appears I can still do so. Moreover, checking on a PC at
work (Win 7, FF 10) I can update my wiki there too (also with Win 7 + IE 8).

Bottom line - I have regained the ability to update my wiki at home and at
work ... totally against expectations (given the preceding discussion).

Now, I thought that the answer would lie in a developer coming forward to
implement a different "write back to server" routine in the wiki's
javascript. This obviously has not happened because I have never updated my
wiki (and certainly not since this discussion took place).

So what happened? Did Firefox & IE kindly re-open the loophole? Or was the
Tiddlyspot server updated to allow saves? Or has my wiki's javascript been
quietly upgraded?

Basically, who can I thank?  :D
-- MummerX