On Sunday, March 24, 2013 2:43:46 PM UTC+1, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> My intention was to target ordinary web users who may be interested in
> exploring TiddlyWiki, and the purpose is to encourage them to try it out.

Yup, agree with the compliments here; nice clip and TW5 looks beautiful!

Given that ...
* you ask for feedback on the clip
* your stated target group is web users who are not familiar with TW and
that the purpose is to encourage them to try it out
* and that the clip is intended as a standalone intro to tw5 from its
creator (ie. there won't be many more such intros from you)
...here's my feedback:

I agree with your own reflections that the clip should be shorter/snappier.
TW is such an amazing and general tool that it is a difficult to "see the
light" right away - so in order to *hook *people I believe it would make
sense to *highlight some benefits* with TW already at the start of the
clip. I would suggest you insert a screen with a bullet list of concrete
examples and benefits for the above stated target group. Perhaps some of
the application examples listed on tw.com? A glance at what, say, Evernote,
Basecamp and other services mention as their benefits could perhaps give a
sense of what people need/appreciate.

Second, the clip, nice and friendly as it is, is of course also very
amateurish and it does not reflect how mature or sophisticated TW is.
Someone new could mistake it for merely a (very) neat hack. Now, we know
they're totally wrong... but they don't. I believe an introductory clip for
something like this must convey *credibility.* How would they otherwise
know how great it is? Maybe you can mention that we're X thousand members
in the tw group. TW has been developed for Y years. Z thousand copies of
the earlier versions of TW have been downloaded. They must know they will
not waste their time with something that is abandoned in 6 months. Chest
beating is not only deserved but also *necessary *to convince many (most?)
people.

Also, if it is possible to use on tablets and/or smartphones, then please
show this in the clip. A quick flash of a tablet in the first one or two
minutes.

I notice the link below the clip (good!) but I suggest a* call for action *at
the end of the video too, ie. to go to the website and download it. Maybe
it's possible, like on youtube, to put a physical url on the clip for
clicking.

Ok, hope this is of use to make people try TW5.

<:-)