On Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:02:18 AM UTC-8, Jeremy Ruston wrote:

> The next and previous filters that David wrote are now in the core, and so
> are available to use.
> They work in association with the 'list' field, which is interpreted as a
> space-separated list of tiddler titles (using double square brackets to
> quote titles that contain a space). The next and previous filters both work
> in a similar way that's easiest to show with an example.

There are some error use cases I wonder about:

Let's say you have a tiddler called "Lesson1" with the "list" field set to:
> [[First Bit]] SecondBit FinalBit
> You'll also need to create the named tiddlers.

What happens if a tiddler named in the list does not exist?

> Then, create a new tiddler called "Navigation" with the tag
> "$:/tags/ViewTemplate" and the following content:
> Next: <$list filter="[is[current]next[Lesson1]]"/> / Previous: <$list
> filter="[is[current]previous[Lesson1]]"/>

What does the filter produce if the "Lesson1" tiddler is missing or the
list field is empty?

Now if you open a tiddler like "SecondBit" you should see at the bottom the
> controls to move to the next and previous tiddlers.
> The next and previous filter operators work by locating the currently
> selected tiddler(s) in the named list, and returning the adjacent next or
> previous tiddler from the list.

What if the same tiddler title in the named list more than once...  which
occurence does the filter match as the "current selected tiddler"?
What does the [[Navigation]] template display if the current tiddler is not
in the list at all?
When you reach the start/end of the list, does it loop around to the
end/start, or just stop?
If navigation doesn't loop, when you reach the start/end, can display of
non-functional links be suppressed?
Will there also be a [first[Lesson1]] and [last[Lesson1]] so a complete
"FPNL" (First/Previous/Next/Last) navigation bar can be displayed?

enjoy,
-e