Hey Roma,

It sounds like you've got a strong vision here, and I'm definitely rooting
for you!  I also wanted to put my voice in the ring for a "mostly strict
GTD with optional plugins" approach.

The big reason I support this is because it gives people choice, while
making it easy to isolate only the functionality that they want. For
example, I know that I personally use an earlier version of dGSD, because
it was much simpler than the current version.  I loved the early
improvements, but some of the later ones were just not as useful to me
(although they make others' lives far easier!).  So even though David has
also fixed many bugs in the core functionality lately, I don't benefit from
them because I don't want to deal with removing all the additional stuff.

I'm hearing that TW5 has a much stronger and easier ability to interact
with plugins, and if that's the case then it will also be much easier to
build an ecosystem of independent plugins, making it totally simple for
people to have a core GSD/Briefcase implementation, plus all david's cool
improvements like contact managers, library tracking, and even email
integration(!!).  That sort of vision of an expandable GTD system that lets
each user choose what they want, is what makes us get all giddy about TW5.

Look forward to seeing how you make progress on this.  And if you're
looking for input or help on GTD specific functionality, feel free to come
ask over in the GTD tiddlywiki:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tiddlywiki-gtd  .  We're not quite
so active lately, but partly that's because there has been a slowdown in
work on twgtd tools.  In particular, no one has yet made any attempts at
actually doing a true TW5 port!  You might just change things...  :)

~ Seann