If you want to start with as few components as you can and build up I think
it will be significantly more work than starting with an empty wiki and
modifying it. It is in fact designed with exactly that purpose in mind. One
of the first things I did to learn tiddlywiki was make a simple interactive
fiction engine <http://zorklike.tiddlyspot.com/> using it, so it is a very
flexible tool. That was a few versions ago and some features have been
added that make that sort of thing even easier.

But, if you do want to rebuild tiddlywiki instead using it the way people
have suggested, I think it would be an interesting project and if you share
your progress I would like to see how you do things.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/c438d1b0-d5a7-45b5-a334-28f2647da8c4%40googlegroups.com.