I am new to tiddlywiki, and have precious little experience with web
development in general. My perspective is that of someone looking for software
with certain functionality that I can use to build some apps I've been thinking
about for a long time.

I've long been frustrated trying to find a task management program that worked
exactly how I wanted it to. About 8-9 months ago I was sketching out ideas for
what the ideal software might be, and came up with the idea of having these
"boxes" that could hold any type of information, and which could be connected
together however I saw fit, into a sort of node graph. Thinking about
structuring information as a tree or node graph makes a great deal of sense in
the way my mind works, so naturally I began thinking about how the UI could be
described in terms of these graph nodes, and nodes could be reused in many
places. I've been trying to find some sort of framework ever since that would
allow me to create a single type of information flexible enough to hold all the
different parts of a program, from the UI and logic to the users own data. I've
thought about how such a system might be used to create anything from an email
client to text editor. In fact, the only application I hadn't thought about was
using such a system to create a wiki!

I've looked at React, Reagent, Meteor, Angular, Om, re-frame, and dozens of
other libraries and frameworks. I liked a lot of the ideas behind many of
those, but none of them are close enough to what I envisioned to allow me to
adapt it to create something like what I envisioned.

I came across TW several weeks ago, and was very excited to discover that
Tiddles are almost EXACTLY what I was looking for! The functionality of
Tiddles, being able to link, search, transclude, and hold any arbitrary type of
data, include metadata via fields, this is very nearly the precise
functionality I wanted from my small unit of information.

Which is why I referred to TW Vanilla as a "default app": from my perspective,
the Tiddles and the wiki are two distinct things. The wiki is simply one of the
cool things that can be built from Tiddlers. Earlier this week I was even
sketching ideas for how one might use Tiddlers to build an application with
electron, by having each UI panel as a separate $tw instance, and keeping their
tiddle stores in sync.

Which is what brings me back to my original question, which might be better
phrased as "How do I separate the Tiddles from the Wiki?"

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/d0becf82-ca7e-4211-a153-7b69a60f9816%40googlegroups.com.