OK, I think there is some confusion, so I'm going to try to clarify things a
bit ;-)

> you also mentioned Apache, so I assumed
> that you are hosting and serving your TiddlyWiki from
> Apache locally on the same machine you use to browse it
> from. I do that sometimes for testing purposes, and find
> that accessing /var/www/html directly is a good way to
> diagnose Apache problems.

This is actually how I typically work when I'm at home. I just load the file
from
/var/www/html into my browser directly.

> If you're not even using Apache
> to serve your TiddlyWiki, is there any advantage to
> storing it in the /var/www/html directory? Why not just
> save it and browser to it from a subdirectory of your
> home folder?

Well, I do need to be able to access it when I'm travelling (or at work), so I
can work on
my stuff from anywhere I am, that was the whole point for me of setting up
tiddly's in
the first place.

So, to sum it up: when at home I use /var/www/html.

When I'm not home, I connect remotely via my webserver.

> Also, using the browser's save functionality is not
> recommend when using TW. It is best to use "Save Changes"
> in the TW sidebar (the red tick icon).

Yes. That's what I normally do. I only used the browser's save functionality
because I
thought that was the test you wanted me to do in your previous message. I must
have
misunderstood you ;-)

Normally I do this:

When at home, I click on "Save changes" under "Admin tools" in the side bar.

When I'm not home, I use the plugin which adds a "Save to web" option to the
sidebar.

The latter currently works, while the former is the one that is now broken, for
some
reason.

Hope that clarified things a bit.

Alex.