On Friday, January 15, 2016 08:42:59 'Mark S.' via TiddlyWiki wrote:
> Are you using tiddlyfox?

Nope.

> If not, how are you saving?

Just the 'normal' way, ie. clicking 'save changes' under 'admin tools' in the
sidepanel,
while the file is loaded from /var/www/html.

> If you launch your browser as root, then can you save?

Ah, good question. Hadn't tried that. Just did now. And, interestingly enough,
it does
NOT work as root either. I get the same error as with my user, ie:

"It's not possible to save changes. Possible reasons include:
- your browser doesn't support saving (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and
Opera all
work if properly configured)
- the pathname to your TiddlyWiki file contains illegal characters
- the TiddlyWiki HTML file has been moved or renamed"

> I'm guessing that your plugin can't/won't navigate those directories
> owned by root.

But I'm *not* using a plugin in this specific case, only TW's internal
functionality to
'save changes'.

OTOH, I *do* use a plugin when I work remotely, and THAT works just fine!?
Weird, isn't
it? The plugin can get access but not the file itself...

What user would the system see trying to save the file locally? Would it be
coming
from my user, from apache, or something else? Makes me wonder.

And what about the plugin, for that matter, shouldn't my computer see it coming
from
the same user?? If so, saving should not be possible via the plugin either...
unless it's
not a permissions issue, but then what? *baffled*

> As a workaround, can you edit on your server as
> http://localhost...tw.html ?

Well, yes, it would then just use that TW plugin in that case and I'd have to
click "save
to web". Saving from my laptop while connecting remotely also works fine for
the
same reason, since it would also be using the plugin.

It just puzzles me to no end that I can't do a normal local save... that just
doesn't
sound right :-o

Alex.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/23437339.slNoJDG4op%40localhost.