> > - your browser doesn't support saving (Firefox, Internet Explorer,
> > Safari and Opera all work if properly configured)
>
> Note the phrase "if properly configured".  All major browsers have
> blocked javascript from performing direct file I/O with the local
> filesystem. TiddlyFox is a browser plugin for Firefox that restores
> access to the privileged file I/O functions.  If you are using Firefox
> without TiddlyFox, then it is *not* "properly configured" for file
> saving.  Install the TiddlyFox browser plugin, and try again.

Wow. That worked. Awesome.

Weird, though, as I'd never had to use TiddyFox before and had never ran into
this
problem. Then again, truth be told, I was using some really old versions of
everything,
so perhaps this security feature had not been implemented yet...

In any case, thank you all for your help! Much appreciated.

Alex.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/29072895.nnU57PiyjV%40localhost.