Hi Jeremy

I played a bit with MECARD and the QR plugin. It seems to generate about
the same codes as the Google API (I did not compare pixels), great stuff!

Most of the scanners on my iPhone (Scan, NeoReader, i-nigma, RedLaser) lose
some content of my test card (either the birthday, the second email address
the second phone number or the postal address), *NeoReader* is the only one
that gets it all right. So the MECARD reception/transfer is much worse than
vcard. But the most important information from my point of view is the URL
– and this goes through in every app I have. Would you consider to add the
URL to your example, please?

Here’s an anonymized version of my test content:

Advantages of MECARD in my eyes: it has a nice compact format, not far away
from dictionary tiddlers … and there were no problems with German umlauts.

Thanks again and good luck!