I don't use Firefox; most of the corps [I work with at least] disallow
firefox, no sense falling in love with something at home that I cannot
reliably use elsewhere.

Chrome yes, and no crashes in 5.1.13, but operationally its very subpar to
how things work in IE.   Saving: "Thou cannot savest where thy wanteth
without a miracle (aka manual intervention) each save".  Chrome also
doesn't play nice with ext links that open local or network folders, it
opens them, but in it's browser view vs kicking off Windows Explorer like
IE does (and I desire it to operate the IE way).    It's considerably
better to use TiddlyDesktop and have a three click and 6 second startup
penalty but avoid the multitude of "save penalties" and op ugliness
behavior.

No disagreements that IE is in many ways inferior to Chrome, but IE does
have killer app - the Tiddly IE add-on that enforces tiddlers be saved
where they're supposed to with a single click.  When TiddlyWiki runs
reliably in IE, it's the best of all worlds which is why I settled on it.
 Seriously, four years of using IE 11 across many TW5 versions and no
problem.  But, 5.1.13 and problem exists.  5.1.14 beta, have yet to have a
crash, few kinks still being worked out though of course.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for posting in the wrong spot, I'll carry
on with TiddlyDesktop until 5.1.14 is released and hope for the best.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/1a358cf8-7f55-448f-8179-7d3046a3f682%40googlegroups.com.