Hi Jeremy,

You're right, the regular http.request was the way to go. After I lot of
fiddling, I managed to get update tiddlers with normal HTTP requests!

When I send a request, I see this terminal output:
'syncer-server: Dispatching 'save' task: $:/StoryList

FileSystem: Saved file /Users/Matt/TiddlyMusic/tiddlers/$__StoryList.tid'

While the .tid file is updated instantly, my TiddlyWiki in Chrome does not.
Rather, the TiddlyWiki in my browser does not change until I interact with
it in some way, such as opening or closing a tiddler. Then, I see the above
terminal output again and the changes from my HTTP request appear.

However, changes to $:/StoryList do not sync at all, so I am still unable
to automate the opening and closing of tiddlers. I have my $:/StoryList.tid
text file open, and the 'list' property is changed in that file to exactly
what I want. Also, the above terminal output occurs. However, when I do
anything to my opened TiddlyWiki, whether it involves opening and closing
tiddlers or not, the currently opened tiddlers in my browser simply
overwrite whatever was in $_StoryList.tid previously.

How can I command TiddlyWiki in my browser to load changes to tiddler
values, including $_StoryList.tid?

Thanks,
Matt

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/739b0f8c-39e5-4482-88f2-2a2b0cf9a168%40googlegroups.com.