Hi Matt

> Well I was going to post some of my updated findings and ask again for help,
> when all of a sudden I stumbled upon what may be the answer. All I had to do
> was run this javascript snippet in Chrome:
>
> var storyList = "TiddlerIWantToOpen"
> $tw.wiki.addTiddler({title: "$:/StoryList", text: "", list:
> storyList},$tw.wiki.getModificationFields());

If you look at the “network” tab of developer tools while you run that snippet
you’ll see that it generates the same underlying HTTP request as we’ve
discussed earlier in the thread.

> This works perfectly. Now I am just looking for a way to automate the running
> of this snippet. (Does anyone happen to know how one can automate a
> javascript snippet in Chrome?)

Chrome isn’t particularly easy to automate; you’d probably need to write an
extension.

> Is there a reason why all of the http stuff was suggested? This seems like a
> more direct solution.

Because your original post mentioned that you wanted to do display a tiddler
“from an external script”. The most direct way for an external script to
interact with TiddlyWiki under Node.js is the HTTP interface.

The issue you ran into whereby the change you made on the server wasn’t
propagated to the browser is because the default polling interval is 60
seconds. You can manually force a poll by clicking the “refresh” button in the
“Server” tab of control panel.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/25C46A9D-E67F-4DDF-955C-D127ABDB9CB0%40gmail.com.