Well I was going to post some of my updated findings and ask again for
help, when all of a sudden I stumbled upon what may be the answer. All I
had to do was run this javascript snippet in Chrome:

var storyList = "TiddlerIWantToOpen"
$tw.wiki.addTiddler({title: "$:/StoryList", text: "", list:
storyList},$tw.wiki.getModificationFields());

This works perfectly. Now I am just looking for a way to automate the
running of this snippet. (Does anyone happen to know how one can automate a
javascript snippet in Chrome?)

Is there a reason why all of the http stuff was suggested? This seems like
a more direct solution.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/9248c985-8fc3-4da7-b5a4-49961a938cd9%40googlegroups.com.