On Sunday, March 5, 2017 at 1:55:08 AM UTC+1, Matt Groth wrote:

> I regularly backup my wiki so I'd be interested to know if this is at all
> hackable.

TW sanitizes javascript within normal tiddlers, for security reasons.

> I'm also somewhat confused about why we have javascript macros then, and
> what the difference is there.

Standard macros are defined with \define ... \end .. Those macros are "text
substitutions". Everything between the "define - end" is wikitext, which is
powerful but still limited, compared to javascript.

javascript macros can use all the possibilities of javascript, but are
still limited to return text. So they work exactly the same way as
wiki-text macros. ... macros are not able to "refresh" the rendered output,
like widgets. Therefore they are simpler to use and define but you still
have to use a developer setting.

> Though at this point I should probably study the code a lot more so I know
> what I'm talking about. I'll be back!

The js-macros have been introduced, because we needed them for some edge
cases. But it turns out, that tw wikitext is very powerful, so they are
only used for some core stuff.

hope that helps
mario

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/3d0d3bfa-43c0-49fe-acb1-02d0964a087f%40googlegroups.com.