On Monday, April 24, 2017 at 4:21:37 PM UTC-7, Mark S. wrote:

> I don't understand your question. If you create a link inside your text
> (e.g. [[Define a Class]]) it will automatically create a link. If you click
> on the link it will take you to the tiddler. If the tiddler doesn't exist,
> you will be taken to a blank tiddler which you can begin editing to create
> the tiddler.
> I believe that it worked this way both in TWC and TW5.
> If you want something more advanced than that type of auto-creation, you
> will probably need to give more details.

As you noted, the standard core behavior (for both TWC and TW5) provides
syntax for links to tiddler titles (even if they don't exist).  However,
the OP question was about links that work as "inner refererences" to
specific places within a tiddler, similar to the HTML-standard <a
name="foo"> syntax for creating "anchor links" within a web page.

For TWC, I created this plugin:
   http://www.tiddlytools.com/#SectionLinksPlugin

Note: there is no equivalent plugin for TW5... in part, because tiddler
"sections" are no longer a TiddlyWiki construct.  Instead, the TW5
philosophy is to create separate tiddlers that define the smallest units of
"semantic content", and then use standard TW5 navigation, widgets, and
macros to aggregate and interact with the content in the larger context of
the entire document.

Also, if you want your answer for TW Classic you should probably change
> your question or start a new question with the term [TWC] in the title.
> This will alert people that you need help regarding TWC. I think the answer
> C Pa was suggesting applied to TW5. TWC is getting old now, and there's
> going to be fewer people and resources that can help you with issues. You
> might consider TW5 instead.

I agree.  Even though there is no equivalent SectionLinksPlugin for TW5, it
is a good idea to start all *new* projects using TW5 rather than TWC, since
TWC'scode base (v2.8.1), though still functional, is VERY old and is no
longer being actively developed, and the architecture provided by TW5 is
*much* more powerful and flexible than TWC.

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools.com: "Small Tools for Big Ideas" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: The Missing Manuals

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/10d08711-956d-4de7-9051-4f557026fe28%40googlegroups.com.